Come learn more about Book Discussion Scheme at our Open Day in Christchurch.
BDS are throwing open the doors on Sunday 10 September to invite people interested in learning more about BDS. It's a chance to see how BDS works, get advice on how to start or join a book group, purchase pre-loved books and mystery book parcels, and connect with fellow book lovers.
What's on offer:
- $4 pre-loved books for sale (and mystery book bundles for the adventurous reader!)
- Free information packs for those wanting to start new book groups
- Behind-the-scenes tours of our Christchurch office — you may be surprised by the scale of our operation!
- The opportunity to chat to our friendly staff about all things books and book clubs
Tours of the building will run at 11:00, 12:30 and 1:30. No need to RSVP, just show up on the day. You may wish to register yourself as "going" or "interested" in our Facebook event, as this will remind you in the lead-up to the day.
Book Discussion Scheme Open Day
Sunday 10 September
The event is free to attend. If you wish to register a book group with BDS, our normal membership fees apply which can be viewed at bds.org.nz/fees
If you have further questions, please contact
Can't make it, but still keen to learn more?
Use the handy online map on the BDS website to:
- contact book groups looking for more members
- contact individual readers looking to to start a new group
- list yourself as an individual reader so others can contact you
You can also contact
This event is also part of the Festival of Adult Learning Ahurei Ākonga , an ACE Aotearoa event.